HELP PLEASE! ANY IDEAS

Sep 15, 2021
Iowa
have about a 1 year old duck. She is a runner. She keeps not being able to walk and then she get strenght after couple days and can walk again but with a limp. Process keeps happening about every 3 weeks any ideas? She eats mixed flock purina food. He poop ranges from normal to dark green like army green lol she is a egg laying machine even when she cant walk lol she is so sweet.
20220205_185144.jpg
20220205_185200.jpg
20220205_175332.jpg

have about a 1 year old duck. She is a runner. She keeps not being able to walk and then she get strenght after couple days and can walk again but with a limp. Process keeps happening about every 3 weeks any ideas? She eats mixed flock purina food. He poop ranges from normal to dark green like army green lol she is a egg laying machine even when she cant walk lol she is so sweet.View attachment 2984886View attachment 2984885View attachment 2984887
I agree with fatty and friends or add niacin to the food she has now

Although I now feed duck-specific food, for several years all my ducks ate all-flock feed without incident. The only extra niacin they get is when I give them frozen peas as treats.

I've only had problems with them being able to walk twice. One of my runners suffered nerve damage when she was egg bound, and I currently have a runner girl who got a tiny cut in one foot, developed an infection in her leg joint and is receiving Very Pricey veterinary care of antibiotic and anti-inflammatory injections.

I have no idea why your lovely girl has recurring problems. The niacin certainly won't hurt, but in looking at the photo, is she missing a chunk of the webbing on her left foot? Might that have something to do with it?

Best wishes for solving this mystery and making her feel better.

Back
Top Bottom