HELP!! PLEASE!! *Baby pics!!*

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by redhen, Jan 29, 2009.

1. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I am on day 22 and last night i just had to candle them..[​IMG]...i was very quick and gentle...i saw movement in both eggs, and in one egg its beak was in the air cell....and today there is still nothing! no pips nothing! what can i do to help? is that one dead already being in the air cell since last night?...also...my temp is at 97.2..because i am afraid to mess with the dial and fry them alive...is that to low....AND *sigh* my humidity went up to 80 for like 30 min. last night...otherwise its around high 60's low 70's..is that bad humidity? this is my first hatch..and its not going so hot....UGH!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  2. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG]

3. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    Take a deep breath, Redhen!!! [​IMG] How long has the temp been on 97.2? If it's too cool, that delays the hatch. You haven't kept it there the whole time, have you? And NO MORE CANDLING!! I'll smack your hands!! [​IMG] The humidity should be okay. Just for a little while I don't think will hurt. You now know they are alive so, hard as it is, you just have to wait!! Go out shopping or something. Believe me, I sound cocky but I've been in your exact same position so it's not like I can't relate. And, if for some reason, they don't hatch...you'll do it again. Life goes on. [​IMG] (I'm the blue one!)

4. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:[​IMG]..thanks! and i promise NO more candeling! the temp has only been that low since last night...i'm afraid to turn it up..its LG and sensitive...how long can they live with the air cell pipped??

5. Jena

Jena The Welsh Witch

Nov 2, 2008
    Cardiff
    Good Luck,

I hope it all works out fine in the end.

Jena.

6. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Thanks Jena! [​IMG]

7. UrbanMama

UrbanMama Gone Country....

Sep 27, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I think they'll be fine [​IMG] you may need to tweak the temp just a tad...did Bryan ever put a dimmer on it?

(Call me if you want to...Arianna is using the computer for school [​IMG] )

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  8. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    i think i am going to tweak it a bit now...wish me luck!..i dont want 104 again...[​IMG]....but, i know it needs to go up a bit...

9. william9792

william9792 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    graham, nc
    they will be fine, just give it time, for i have a LG that is a forced air, and sometimes it take 23 days for them to come out. just don't give up! you will have fuzzy butts running around soon. (but i keep my humitdy at 50-60% from day 18 till they hatch) good luck and when they hatch got to see pic's! william

10. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:thanks! i hope they make it..and i'll def. post pics!...they should be interesting looking! total mutt mix...

heres Dad..a silkie/polish mix...(i believe thats what he is anyway...lol..)

[​IMG]

and the hens are...anyone of my brown egg layers!.(i dont know who laid the egg.)..[​IMG] AND this little girl here...

[​IMG]

so..they should be interesting looking!...[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by