HELP Please: Breeding & Cochin Colors

Bleenie

Wyan-DO's
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
The Beautiful Pacific NW ,WA
My beautiful little Splash Sizzle roo has decided to live up to his new name and has been trying to kill just about any new rooster this year so i am thinking of replacing him with one of his babies... problem is that i have rehome most all of the boys now except for the young ones in the brooder & an older White Sizzle cockeral that came from him..

he's gorgeous but i was planning to just seperate the whites into their own pen for breeding since there were only a few of them and this roo is so nice. What would be my results if i decided to breed him to my Black, Blue & Splash sizzle hens?

Hopefully there will be a different, more fitting(bbs color) roo to replace Lucifer but right now i am not sure. Thanks everyone.

Here's the white cockeral & some of the other whites that popped up in this years babies.
roo.jpg

roo1.jpg

roo2.jpg

Yeah, i know they're not purebred. They are Sizzles... Silkie/Frizzle Cochin mixes. But most all of mine are the smooth feather type and a few silked. I do have a couple frizzles but they aren't good quality as far as crests go so they'll probably just go back into the regular Cochin pen.

the white seems to be rec white... so if the hens are carier of rec white then you'll get a %-age of them to be white... if you're trying to breed sizzles then put the smooth roo with the biggest crest on your frizzled hens.

Back
Top Bottom