1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help Please! Can anyone tell me what breed of chick?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Free2BMe2798, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Free2BMe2798

Free2BMe2798 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 21, 2012
    I bought these 3 ckicks from our local tractor supply store. They were in a bin labeled Buff Orpingtons which were white, Barred Rocks which were black and Ameracaunas which were chipmunk striped. I thought I was getting the white BO but now 2 of them have green feet so I'm not sure what they are.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are the best picks I could get of them.

2. TurtlePowerTrav

TurtlePowerTrav T.K.'s Farm

Jul 29, 2012
    Oregon City, OR
    My Coop
    The 2 with green legs are probably EE's, BO will have pale pink, almost whitish legs.

3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Your green legged babies also both look to have muffs, so I'm going with easter eggers. Some ee come in a pale gold lightening to white on the tail, I'll bet that's what your lighter chick will look like. Hatchery "ameracauana" are non-standard, so they can come in many different colors, they can mimic other chicks.

4. Free2BMe2798

Free2BMe2798 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 21, 2012
    Thanks I appreciate you guys taking a look for me. I didn't think of EEs because I didn't know they or the ameracaunas could be light colored. EEs are fine for me as I was just trying to add a couple of pullets who would go broody for me in the spring. Thanks again!

5. ChickenExtreme

ChickenExtreme Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by