HELP PLEASE!! Chicken breathing funny!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by stonerose69, Sep 29, 2011.

1. stonerose69

stonerose69 Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2011
    Please can someone advise what i sould do? I have just been out side and my 6 week old partridge bantam is not well at all. It is breathing funny, heavy with beak open but there is an waful noise coming from its throat! It keeps falling asleep ad lating down but when i picked it up was still very strong and trying to escape. It also started grooming when i out it back, Every now and then it sounds like it is hiccupping!

I have moved it on its own into the shade as it is very hot in the uk today, i have given it some water manually. The onlt thing i can think is that it may have breathed in too much Mite/lice powder as it has been ok and none of the others are showing any signs!!

If it is inhalation of mite dust what can i do?? I am so worried and feel SO guilty as i may have caused this:fl

Thanks x

2. stonerose69

stonerose69 Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2011
    Appologies for the spelling wanted to write as quick as poss to get some help!!
    Also i ment to say if it has breathed in to much mite/lice powder! not dust. I put powder in the coop as i had noticed a couple of lice on the Millfluer chicks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by