1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

*Help Please* Eggs coming today.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by 60ACRES, Apr 16, 2009.

1. 60ACRES

60ACRES Stepped in what??

Apr 8, 2009
    Long, OK
    I am having my eggs delivered to me here at work. UPS is bringing them to me today (hopefully), I will have them for about 6 hours before I make it home.

Do I need to do anything to the package, or leave it sealed and just stare at it out the corner of my eye all day?

...cant get any work done now, it's really going to be tough after they get here...

2. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    I take them out of the box & candle them to make sure they're air cell up & let them rest in that position (air cell up). [​IMG]

3. Marion

Marion Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Smiles... tell the boss that you have to leave early due to reproductive system issues..... [​IMG]

4. warmfuzzies

warmfuzzies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Boondocks, Colorado
    [​IMG] I would think you could just leave them in there and start counting down your settling tims, since they will eb just sittung there. IMO

5. Freckle Face Farm

Freckle Face Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    Florida
    [​IMG] What kind of eggs? I would make sure all have the big side up that way when you put them in the bator your air cells are ready...When I get mine in the mail I let them sit at least 8 hours before i put them in...Good luck with your hatch...[​IMG] Dawn

6. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    I would just leave the in the box and wait till you get home, too many factors and they need to settle first. I always leave mine in the box for a few hours then open put them in a carton pointy side down and leave them at room temp for the night and set first thing in the morning. I have had the best luck with them that way.

7. 60ACRES

Apr 8, 2009
    Long, OK
    Quote:I am a guy, think about that.... Ok, that wouldn't sound to good now would it? [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  8. 60ACRES

Apr 8, 2009
    Long, OK
    Quote:Black Copper Marans

& Thanks!

9. Freckle Face Farm

Freckle Face Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    Florida
    [​IMG] I have Wheaten Marans in the bator right now!!!I have Black coppers Love them...Hope you have a great Hatch!!![​IMG]

10. Marion

Marion Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Quote:I am a guy, think about that.... Ok, that wouldn't sound to good now would it? [​IMG]

Depends if you have a wife waiting at home I suppose [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by