Help please-eggs not hatching-day 22

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Rosiescloset2, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Rosiescloset2

Rosiescloset2 New Egg

Dec 13, 2013
    HI,
    My eggs are now in the incubator for 22 days and I have not had one hatch yet. My daughters have sworn that they have heard them chirping and when I opened the incubator lid few moments ago to add water and a sponge I could hear tapping sounds.
    THe humidity has been consistently at about 50 percent. I just read on the forum that it should be much higher during the lockdown. I didn't know this so I am now trying to rapidly increase humidity by adding more water and adding a wet sponge. Any other ideas? Thank you for any help you can give me!
    Sharon

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    can you candle one and see if it has done its internal pip? the air sac would be almost gone or you can see the beak sometimes.

3. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    i need to go to bed so i will tell yo now. if they have piped inside and the humidity was too low then i make a very small pip hole in the air sac. a pin size hole just so they can get the air they need. and with the humidity is up now they should go ahead and hatch. disinfect a sharp screw and only make the smalllest of a hole then get the egg back in there. 22 eggs are a lot to do though. try to work quickly but make sure you only just barely pip it. good luck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by