1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help Please. Favorelle/Polish Cross Sex

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Careta, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Careta

Careta Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2010
    Hi,
    Could someone please help me with sexing wobbles. He/She is a Favorelle/Polish cross. Her mother the Polish was white. He/she was a late hatcher and so is a bit developmentally delayed (and wobbly, thus the name) so hasn't crowed/egg squatted yet. He/she is about 22 weeks old.

I know that Favorelles are not usually coloured (now I know, I didn't realise when I got her) but I thought it might be the Polish coming out. I'm really confused!

Please can anyone help me?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. spish

spish De Regenboog Kippetjes

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    that there chicken is a rooster [​IMG]

3. Animalian

Animalian Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2011
    Australia
    What do you mean by "not coloured?" like, they are white? Because the salmon hens have colour over their shoulders and backs mainly, boys are very different. They can be sexed from hatching. Where the markings are on your chook are similar to where the are on my girl. But I think I see hackle feathers around it's neck. But then again my faverolle took AAAAAGESSSS to start laying so you might have a girl in the end lol

I would say more roo though, just the way it holds itself. But then that could be the wobble showing! .... wow you do have a tough one! lol

You can get blue and salmon ones, here's my salmon girl (see the markings (not colour just placement) similarities?
    [​IMG]

4. Careta

Careta Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2010
    Sorry, by not coloured I meant without markings. This is my first Favorelle cross so not sure what they are supposed to look like. it's a very timid little roo if it is a roo but I suppose that can happen.

5. justin24

justin24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    memphis tn
    that a hen

6. CrazyCatNChickenLady

CrazyCatNChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2010
    Berry Creek, Ca
    Its a rooster. Look at the pointy hackle and saddle feathers..

7. littlecreekfarm

littlecreekfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2011
    Virginia
    Definatly A Rooster!

8. Georgia Boy 1970

Georgia Boy 1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

Are you sure that he is a faverolle/polish cross. He doesn't have a crest which is dominate is polish crosses. I am thinking that the 5th toe from the faverolle is a dominant trait along with feathered legs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by