1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

HELP Please! First time and Im on day 22

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by dab045, May 13, 2009.

1. dab045

dab045 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Kingsville, Missouri
    IF anyone has words of wisdom, I am sitting next to my first egg ever starting to pip, zip I dont know what you call it, I say it cracked half way around and a bit of brown ooz is under egg????

2. jacyjones

jacyjones Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Aberystwyth, Wales
    I'm no expert but that sounds like what it should be doing so just wait for it to get out and dry off! Lucky you!

3. dab045

May 6, 2009
    Kingsville, Missouri
    Oh Im smiling, even if something is happening bad, Im sure glad you responded positively,and sent me good vibes. Your the first person in 6 questions that has responded, I needed to hear from someone and Thank you.

4. nhnanna

nhnanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    The chicken coop
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. giasmom

giasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    Woodville, Al
    Congrats and good luck. Hope all goes well. Sounds good so far. Let us know how it does.

6. dab045

May 6, 2009
    Kingsville, Missouri
    Thank you will do. I just candled didnt want to handle to much didnt see much or if any movement and does not smell bad at all. so I am going to wait it out . really nervous, does any liquid go to the bottom of the bator at all? I mean I got some brown liquiid, just a bit after it cracked, is that normal with some hatches? or is it pretty dry?

7. Scraps

Scraps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2009
    End of a dirt road...
    I've never had anything brown ooze out of an egg... [​IMG]

Did it hatch yet?

8. dab045

May 6, 2009
    Kingsville, Missouri
    well Ididnt think it was normal, but will check this post through out the hatching day or so to see if any words of wisdom occur. And I really appreciate the good vibes sent already. Thank you
    Signed keeping my fingers crossed, that this is ok

9. giasmom

giasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    Woodville, Al
    My mistake I didn't catch the part about the brown ooze. I was in the middle of cooking supper, (burnt the biscuits), Any way maybe someone else can give more input on that. I really don't know what it is.

10. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    brown ooze? did it pooh in it's shell? How long has it been oozing? can you hear it peeping still?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by