HELP...PLEASE...Gapeworm??? 2week Chicks???

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by definetlydeb, Apr 4, 2011.

1. definetlydeb

definetlydeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    Tioga/Potter County
    Ok, I have one chick who is what looks like trying to swallow something, neck stretches out, mouth open...that is all i can think of to describe it...is it the gapeworm...or what do I do...someone help me here!!! Do babies get this...OMGosh....What to do.... Thanks in advance!!!!

2. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    First, get some coffee. It might just have something in it's crop that it's trying to adjust. Give it some time and watch it. I'll be willing to bet that it will be acting normally soon.

3. definetlydeb

Jul 11, 2007
    Tioga/Potter County
    [​IMG] ....[​IMG]....Oh Geeze...COFFEE..COFFEE...I noticed this has been going on a couple days...like when she is getting ready to nap, seems she does it more....COFFEE..COFFEE....but, don't want anything to happen to these lil' ones...so...I am a nervous Momma Hen....COFFEE...COFFEE...i will try to relax now....THANKS AGAIN!!!! [​IMG]

4. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

[​IMG] Both of you cracked me up!! Lordy do I remember those first chick days... And I went through the "gapeworm scare" too...lol. Quit reading the emergencies/disease threads - too much information really is dangerous, because then you start looking for trouble [​IMG]

5. definetlydeb

Jul 11, 2007
    Tioga/Potter County
    Quote:[​IMG]...OK....You are so RIGHT....I am now OFFICIALLY a BYC STALKER...I think I have read almost every post, in every section....I know I need to stop....UGGHHHH!!! But, now think of it...at least I got to give you good laugh and a good start to your week!!! I shall now try to not read the bad stuff...[​IMG] and let my chicks be chicks...and drink more COFFEE...and....and...and.... [​IMG]..pray for my sanity to return!!!! BUT, I AM ADDICTED....that is the first step in recovery...RIGHT??? I have admitted...now to move onward!!!!
    [​IMG] Hope you have a Great Day!!!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by