Help please? Girl bunny morphed into a male!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Whitewinterwolf, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Whitewinterwolf

Whitewinterwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Well, im not sure if im in the right place for this.
    But i need some help with my rabbit.
    I really dont know what to do.
    I got a cute little rabbit as a companion for my Lion head girl Ginger.
    She was a cute little black lion head dwarf cross, she takes treats from your hand, loves to be held, and snuggles into your arm, the absolute perfect indoor house bunny!
    The problem? They began doing very strange things, grunting, chasing, digging, and she would hump Ginger.
    ...My cute little girl bunny that I got as a companion and fell in love with...is a male...The vet confirmed.
    And neutering is out of the question. As he is only four pounds the local rabbit vets near me wont touch him unless I dish out 300$ plus 50$ for some blood work thing...
    One unwanted litter of baby's later, and now there separate...
    I dont know what to do, I cant keep him, I cant afford to fix him, and i dont know how to find him a home.
    Cregslist is full of snake feeding horror story's so im hesitant to post there, and I dont know any other way?
    Please help?

2. ChickyLaura

ChickyLaura The Crazy Chicken Lady

Mar 31, 2009
    Eastern/Central PA
    If you try Craigslist, I would wait until after Easter. My friend breeds rabbits and does use Craigslist, but she screens people. She won't sell to people that she has a "bad feeling" about. Nothing is 100%, but if you can't keep him or separate them it's worth a try. Another option is surrendering him to the local animal shelter.

3. Whitewinterwolf

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Quote:Alright, I figured I would have to wait for after Easter to prevent any "get it and then get rid of it" things...I want him to be happy.
    But thank you very much!

4. ChickyLaura

ChickyLaura The Crazy Chicken Lady

Mar 31, 2009
    Eastern/Central PA
    Why don't you post him here in the buy/sell section? Maybe you'd have some luck there.

5. Whitewinterwolf

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Quote:Can you do that with a rabbit? I thought it was only for chickens?

6. flnatv

flnatv Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    West Tennessee
    There are also rabbit/bunny rescues... google and see if there is one in your area.
    I work with dog rescue and I know how much we screen!!!! It is a great way to go if you need to rehome and want to make sure it is cared for...
    Funny how it sounds...there are also hamster rescues, guinea pig rescues, etc.... just about everything.

7. Louise's Country Closet

Louise's Country Closet Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Garrison, MN
    I've seen a few people put up rabbits for sale in the 'Everything Else For Sale' section - along with horses, etc. It's worth a shot? Otherwise, I do Craigslist for my rabbit selling too... I just wait until after Easter is over with.

8. Whitewinterwolf

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Quote:Alright, well I just looked into that, but how do I put him up there?

9. Louise's Country Closet

Louise's Country Closet Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Garrison, MN
    Same as you would start a thread on any other board [​IMG]

10. Whitewinterwolf

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Quote:Alright, thank you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by