1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

HELP PLEASE GOOSE WEEZING BLOOD COME N OUT OF MOUTH

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by erijn5, Dec 22, 2012.

1. erijn5

erijn5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    South Central IL
    We have a 2yr old goose and she is walking around barley, sometimes leaning on things to stand. She is weezing lightly, with blood coming out of her mouth, not eating or drinking..............or swimming.........eyes are not bright....any help PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

2. Suzie

Suzie Overrun With Chickens

Jul 9, 2009
    Auvergne
    Try to pm celticoaksfarm.... they have amazing knowledge for geese!

Good luck

Suzie

3. erijn5

erijn5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    South Central IL
    Sent her a PM...I am hoping for the best for my girl... [​IMG]

4. Suzie

Jul 9, 2009
    Auvergne
    I hope she responds soon... you could also try Amiga.. she too has great knowledge with geese... I hope they can help you very soon!

Suzie
    [​IMG]

5. chicken boy

chicken boy Out Of The Brooder

Now I don't have any geese but I know the animals body and the humans body kind of react in the same way. I think you should check to see if she has any signs of a fight. She also might have done something to herself thus causing the bloody mouth, and the weezing.

6. cowcreekgeek

cowcreekgeek Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2012
    Hurricane, WV
    Never owned geese, but some things remain the same (sorta like chicken boy suggests ~'-)

Get something to rinse out it's mouth with -- any bottle you can squirt water from should work (saline contact solution, products for nasal irrigation, or even a squirt gun). What you're needin' to know is this: From where did this blood come from?

She may have a cut in her mouth, or ... worse, by far ... possibly swallow something sharp that's cut her up inside, and possibly even lodged in her throat. If so, you may be able to find it by feel.

This could also be the result of some chemical injury, if there's somethin' she coulda gotten into ...

:: edit ::
    There are diseases and events that can explain blood coming from her mouth, but hopefully someone w/ more experience w/ geese will be able to help you figure this out.
    :: /edit ::

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  7. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Bump

9. cowcreekgeek

cowcreekgeek Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2012
    Hurricane, WV
    Anybody have answers about geese?
    (a.k.a. bumped again )-;~

10. Suzie

Jul 9, 2009
    Auvergne
    I suggested that the thread starter contact CelticOaksFarm... apparently they did so and I am hopeful that the thread starter received a response to their goose problem - fingers crossed [​IMG]

Suzie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by