HELP PLEASE! I'm a first timer!

ChelseaCoetzer

In the Brooder
8 Years
Oct 7, 2011
Hey all

So yesterday one of my aunts chickens laid an egg but they aren't broody at all. So my aunt would usually eat them but I was staying with her so I decided to try out incubating with hot water bottle and a pillow case. So far I think all is fine. The egg is only 2 days old so when i tried candling I didn't really see anything but I'm soo worried about this little thing. I'm already back home with it and my aunt lives 8 hours away so the egg had an 8 hour drive. Anyway here is a pic... Is that a bloodline or something. Ohkay nevermind I don't know how to put a pic on

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/108674_egg.jpg there's a link I hope.

PLEASE REPLY QUICKLY!

Last edited by a moderator:
ok. the egg needs to be at around 100 degrees for 21 days, needs to be turned at least 3-5 times a day. I don't know if you can do that for that long without an incubator....

I usually candle at 9 days. The breeds I am usually hatching are hard to see thru the dark shells.
I hope it goes well for you, there may be someone else here that can see something sooner, buy I am not good at interpreting egg pics, sorry

well thank you. I definitely will post at 9 days again!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom