HELP please im lost and worried !

Chickmgnet

Chirping
Dec 19, 2020
Phoenix, Az
Long story short...my hen hurt her leg...
-she limps but gets around when she wants
-eats well and all that
Upon my examination of her injuries.there seems to be no visible wounds but when I feel her hips. The left is clearly a bit swollen. Also, when trying to extend. It doesn't fully stretch out like the other. Almost like its locked at the top joint near her hip.
Please help.
Any advice or diagnosis are much appreciated.

Not the most experienced here but. Is she still laying? How high is her roost? What breed is she? How long ago did she start limping? Is she pooping? It sounds like she may have sprained it. The cause Is often jumping down from a high place usually a roost that is too high. If it is sprained I would keep her penned up until it heals. But keep her close to the flock. We use a dog crate in the coop. You can also give her aspirin in her water to help with the pain and swelling. On the other hand if she isn’t pooping she is likely egg bound and that is much more serious.

Not the most experienced here but. Is she still laying? How high is her roost? What breed is she? How long ago did she start limping? Is she pooping? It sounds like she may have sprained it. The cause Is often jumping down from a high place usually a roost that is too high. If it is sprained I would keep her penned up until it heals. But keep her close to the flock. We use a dog crate in the coop. You can also give her aspirin in her water to help with the pain and swelling. On the other hand if she isn’t pooping she is likely egg bound and that is much more serious.
She is a
pp,
She is only about 10 wks but was injured one day in the coop during a storm. She seems fine just a lil hurt. I'm just concerned about her leg being locked in place but helpful advice nonetheless thanks

Back
Top Bottom