[Help please] Is this just a burn? Or bumblefoot?

xXChickenXx-

Chirping
5 Years
Jul 3, 2015
Hadn't noticed it but my girl usually had nice feet and now this is what I saw yesterday. Please let me know if you have any idea thank you~!

Attachments

• 20200717_193934.jpg
    20200717_193934.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 11
  • 20200717_193925.jpg
    20200717_193925.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20200717_193921.jpg
    20200717_193921.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 9
I agree. It's very early, so should be relatively easy to treat. This is what I normally do:
https://www.tillysnest.com/2015/12/non-surgical-bumblefoot-treatment.html/?spref=pi
I would soak these, remove the scab, there may or may not be a core since these are small. The first picture looks like it has some swelling, so that one is larger and may have a core. Then treat with the ointment and wrap the feet. Change the bandages daily and reapply the ointment until they are healing well, then you can leave the bandages on for a couple of days unless they are getting really dirty, until the foot is healed completely.

I agree. It's very early, so should be relatively easy to treat. This is what I normally do:
https://www.tillysnest.com/2015/12/non-surgical-bumblefoot-treatment.html/?spref=pi
I would soak these, remove the scab, there may or may not be a core since these are small. The first picture looks like it has some swelling, so that one is larger and may have a core. Then treat with the ointment and wrap the feet. Change the bandages daily and reapply the ointment until they are healing well, then you can leave the bandages on for a couple of days unless they are getting really dirty, until the foot is healed completely.

Right now she's indoors for the moment till she recovers, we change her carpet everyday and we keep the floor clean all the time never use shoes indoors, does she still need the ointment and bandages or only if she's outdoors? Thanks so much for the link~! (ᴖ́◡ᴖ )

I would bandage them at least initially to keep them clean while they heal. Once they are scabbed over then you could leave the bandages off. You just don't want more bacteria to enter the wound and start it all over.

Right now she's indoors for the moment till she recovers, we change her carpet everyday and we keep the floor clean all the time never use shoes indoors, does she still need the ointment and bandages or only if she's outdoors? Thanks so much for the link~! (ᴖ́◡ᴖ )
9xs of 10 bumble is staph and transmissible to you . I wouldnt be going barefoot if you were talking about yourself and were gloves when treating the wound. Chicken pus is much different then humans and is a hard kernel that needs to be removed or it will never heal.

I would bandage them at least initially to keep them clean while they heal. Once they are scabbed over then you could leave the bandages off. You just don't want more bacteria to enter the wound and start it all over.
Oh okay thanks so much for all your help ^ - ^

9xs of 10 bumble is staph and transmissible to you . I wouldnt be going barefoot if you were talking about yourself and were gloves when treating the wound. Chicken pus is much different then humans and is a hard kernel that needs to be removed or it will never heal.
Okay we peeled the scabs yesterday and squeezed, nothing came out through so we decided to put an ointment is this enough?

Back
Top Bottom