HELP Please, It pipped day 19-20 malpositioned/wrong end side and is now frequently screech chirping

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by WilloughbyStead, Dec 22, 2016.

1. WilloughbyStead

WilloughbyStead Out Of The Brooder

Nov 30, 2016
    USA-FL
    I'm trying not to panic. Chick pipped early day 19-20, and it's a decent hole, membrane and all. BUT- it's on the wrong end/side and not within the air cell at all. It's been chirping for 24 hours and now its screeching. The membrane is clear/white/yellow but darker/tan around the center of the hole. It's moving aggressively and scream chirping. Shipped eggs, Orpingtons. Within the same state/FL. Placed in circulated air bator Dec 2. I can't bring myself to help because its too early, and yet it sounds like it's freaking out. Do I help?...

2. mustangrooster

mustangrooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Im so sorry you did not receive an answer straight away...i sure hope baby is ok...

Frequently screeching....wrong pipping end....yeah i would help it.

I help all of my chickens out of their eggs in my incubator because its either that they end up mal-positioned or shrink wrapped...they all live. Just start slowly, and continue slowly, help for a bit then put it back in the incubator...keep it moist...and stop when you see blood...good luck!!

-Mustang

3. WilloughbyStead

WilloughbyStead Out Of The Brooder

Nov 30, 2016
    USA-FL
    Thanks. Yes I ended up helping it about 4 hours later, saving it at the last minute. It was very weak and didn't even sit up for hours. But now it's as healthy as the others.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by