help please! My broddy chickens are abandoning their nest ... why?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by birdylady2, Jul 29, 2010.

1. birdylady2

birdylady2 New Egg

Jul 22, 2010
    [​IMG] for some chicks behind their mother..... hoping one of my chicken could go broddy for 6 months..... have been waiting and waiting ( I haven't been sucessfull with the little giant incubators and I'm tired of buying chicks and have to deal with brooders lamps:barnie). Suddenly it seams every1 is going broddy [​IMG] .....I couldn't been happier....but for short time. At this point only one silkie gave me 6 beautiful chicks. [​IMG] for some reason others are abandoning the nest one after another. First one that decide to nest inside an wooden stove in the back yard, came out and didn't go back after a week. Another 2 in different coops keep switching betwen one nest to another [​IMG] and finaly one of then decide not to go back, so one of the nests is abandoned .... and almost there, just one more week:mad:. This morning another one that decide to nest in an empty dog house 2 weeks ago decide to give up and the eggs were all outside and one rooster was laying by her side. Well I decide to do something..... I got a box put some hay in it, some fresh eggs and the chicken and moved it to an empty coop (just in case she was disturbed by the rooster), for some reason she doesn't want to lay on the eggs and looking for a way out of the coop. I'm frustrated, no more laying eggs.....[​IMG][​IMG]. What's going on? Please, some advice .

2. birdylady2

birdylady2 New Egg

Jul 22, 2010
    Never count your chickens before your eggs hatch.... so true.
    Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by