Help please.. no idea what this is

Chooknewby

Hatching
Feb 17, 2020
Hi everyone :) I’m new to chooks and new here.. my first post so here we go!

Noticed a roundworm in one of our 4 chooks poops last week and the have since been wormed but I was just in their coop cleaning up a bit and one of our ladies pooped this right next to my foot. Does anyone know what this is?!

ETA: just realised the photos have posted blurry.. it looks like eggs on the top of whatever it is

Attachments

• 9A6BE8B7-2DC8-4BB9-8B54-B2F566B6A07D.jpeg
    9A6BE8B7-2DC8-4BB9-8B54-B2F566B6A07D.jpeg
    309.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 2183C264-0809-4182-8B27-0CDF844F6B01.jpeg
    2183C264-0809-4182-8B27-0CDF844F6B01.jpeg
    369.5 KB · Views: 16

Noticed a roundworm in one of our 4 chooks poops last week and the have since been wormed but I was just in their coop cleaning up a bit and one of our ladies pooped this right next to my foot. Does anyone know what this is?!

ETA: just realised the photos have posted blurry.. it looks like eggs on the top of whatever it is
Oh My... Initially, I'm gonna do everything I can to vaccinate those chickens, That doesn't look good. not good at all. :caf:caf

I have never seen anything like that before (only have had hens for 4 yrs now).It is very strange. Please let us know what you find out. Hope your hen is OK.

Just wondering...does the 'poop' (or whatever it is) have a poopy smell to it? The more I look at it, it almost looks like what a large garden snail would look like - but without the shell on it. It's hard to tell from the photos, it appears like a giant snail or slug. Which is why I was wondering about the smell (if any).

I have never seen anything like that before (only have had hens for 4 yrs now).It is very strange. Please let us know what you find out. Hope your hen is OK.

It defini
Just wondering...does the 'poop' (or whatever it is) have a poopy smell to it? The more I look at it, it almost looks like what a large garden snail would look like - but without the shell on it. It's hard to tell from the photos, it appears like a giant snail or slug. Which is why I was wondering about the smell (if any).

It came out in virtually no poop, just a bit of watery stuff, so no smell. My first reaction was that it looked a bit like a slug except for what looks like eggs on its back where a shell would be. If you click on the link under the images I uploaded it’ll open the photo in a new page and it’s much better quality if you wanted to have a better look.

It defini

It came out in virtually no poop, just a bit of watery stuff, so no smell. My first reaction was that it looked a bit like a slug except for what looks like eggs on its back where a shell would be. If you click on the link under the images I uploaded it’ll open the photo in a new page and it’s much better quality if you wanted to have a better look.
Wow, I clicked the link under the images to see them enlarged, and the more I look at it, the more it looks like a snail *without* a shell. It doesn't make sense though. Maybe your chicken ate a garden snail (?), then passed it ...? Sounds crazy, as you would think it would get digested in her crop. I am baffled. If you still have it...(?) maybe take it to a vet for inspecting?

Wow, I clicked the link under the images to see them enlarged, and the more I look at it, the more it looks like a snail *without* a shell. It doesn't make sense though. Maybe your chicken ate a garden snail (?), then passed it ...? Sounds crazy, as you would think it would get digested in her crop. I am baffled. If you still have it...(?) maybe take it to a vet for inspecting?
From one side it definitely looks like a snail but from the other it doesn’t. Maybe it’s just the way it’s been passed through? What on earth are the egg looking things on top of it though? That’s what’s baffling me!
It chucked it in the bin unfortunately.

From one side it definitely looks like a snail but from the other it doesn’t. Maybe it’s just the way it’s been passed through? What on earth are the egg looking things on top of it though? That’s what’s baffling me!
It chucked it in the bin unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom