Help please! sexing 8 chicks ( 8 weeks )

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Below frigid, Mar 12, 2018.

1. I have 8 Oliver Egger chicks. I have an idea of what most are but am only sure about the sex of 4. I could still be wrong as I am still a novice when it comes to chickens. Here is a couple of group photos of 7 and a photo of the 1 that did not make the group shot. If you could start with the one in the back left then go down the line. Many thanks for the help!

Attached Files:

2. andreanar

andreanar Crowing

May 16, 2014
    Finger Lakes, NY
    I only see 1 pullet, the black one, in the first photo. But to be sure, you need to take a photo of each individual bird standing, from the side.

3. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. .....

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    X2
    A whole mess of cockerels

andreanar and AlleysChicks like this.
  4. The one that did not make the group shot. If

Attached Files:

5. andreanar

andreanar Crowing

May 16, 2014
    Finger Lakes, NY
    Sorry, but that would be a boy at 8 weeks old. 8 week old pullets don't have any red in their combs and not that much wattle development.

6. Yeah, so I have two pullets because there are two of those that are identical. The two I was sure of. A lot of work for 25% being pullets. I was planning on keeping two cockerels. So I have 4 Olive Egger cockerels for adoption, South Monterey County, California 93426 if anyone is interested.

7. Crazy for Chickens!

Crazy for Chickens! Free Ranging

Jun 9, 2017
    NW Missouri
    Cockerel
    Pullet
    Cockerel
    Cockerel
    Cockerel
    Cockerel
    Cockerel
    Cockerel