Help, Please!!! spraddle leg? don't know what to do

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ahawn, Nov 20, 2009.

1. ahawn

ahawn New Egg

Nov 20, 2009
    I am a very, very new chicken mom [​IMG] I have one that I think has straddle leg?? I put a band-aid on his legs but he just keeps flipping over and going to sleep on his back....he is VERY strong and VERY LOUD!! I'm really scared what to do. He will almost waddle around on his butt with his little legs out. I have him on a cloth that he can grip onto...he was with some Dominiques but they were picking on him and pecking him, so I put him in his own brooder....he is almost 2 days old now...PLEASE HELP!!! Thank you in advance![​IMG]this is just a picture showing how he lays...he now has legs taped together

Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
  3. ahawn

ahawn New Egg

Nov 20, 2009
    I do have it on both legs now...I was just showing how he lays on his back...he just moves his legs up and down but he can't get his body up off of the floor? I'm heartbroken about this and need all of you chicken experts help!!

4. toxo

toxo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    Gillingham, UK
    I had four who had badly straddled legs at around 3/4 days. I was quite worried and wondered whether to do the band aid thing but I didn't.
    Now they're 10/11 days old and there's no sign of it. [​IMG]

Paul

5. ahawn

ahawn New Egg

Nov 20, 2009
    I hope that it all turns out okay! I'm a HUGE animal person and I am already in LOOOOVE with this baby [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by