1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

HELP PLEASE! updated pictures of goose egg that I rescued. Still having problems. Needs to hatch thi

Discussion in 'Geese' started by gooseegg, Apr 15, 2012.

1. gooseegg

gooseegg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2012
    Rescued egg sat on by goose starting 3-17. Started incubating 3-21. Egg clear at time. If I count from the 21st, I am on day 25. Had humidity at 55-60% per advice online. It caused a small air sac. I dropped humidity to 40% 3 days ago, lengthened the time of cooling to 30 minutes. And air sac still same size. There is some concern from some people that my math is off and I am further than day 25 because the goose sat on it. But there was nothing happening on day 1 of incubator. Now today I candeled. Got some movement. not much. Now there is dark line around the edge of the dark part in the egg. What do I do now? Do I wait two days and raise humidity really high? Poke a hole in top and try to rescue baby goose? Or do I need to start that now? Please help. Can't take good picts.. but here is what I got.[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  2. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Goosed I will get those pictures I mentioned to you after I do dinner here. Just came in from evening lock up and feeding. Deep breath while you wait, it's almost ark here so will get good images.

3. gooseegg

gooseegg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2012
    Ok. There really is movement. Slow movement. Even when I hold it real still. However, its not looking good in the egg. I do notice that the airsac is just a little bit bigger than it was two days ago. Im trying real hard to fix the problem.. but im afraid Im running out of time. I feel like I am watching the poor little thing die! I just want to put a hole in it and try to save it. But if it really is on day 25 I need to wait. and hope. ? I can't help but feel I murdered it. Im not a real pro at this. Years ago I successfully hatched many little duck eggs... but I couldnt remember the process. Im just so worried about my little egg. Poor thing..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by