help please! what breed is he?

slim1986

Songster
8 Years
Sep 5, 2011
Highfill, Arkansas
This is "tigger" my beautiful ________ roo! Please help fill in the blank! I got him from a friend of a friend of someone else who had too many roosters and wanted more hens, at the time I had 0 roosters and too many hens for my little "middle-O-town" coop, so I traded a few hens for him and now I just wanna know what he is! I've never seen in person or come across another like him! any help is appreciated!
utf-8BSU1HMDA0MTYtMjAxMTEwMTUtMTc0MC5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA0MTUtMjAxMTEwMTUtMTc0MC5qcGc.jpg

He's still young, no spurs and just now crowing! but he's not very big either, in the last pic he's right by one of our standard size hens that's about the same age I think
utf-8BSU1HMDA0MTktMjAxMTEwMTUtMTc0Mi5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA0MTgtMjAxMTEwMTUtMTc0MS5qcGc.jpg

Ok so now some info, he seems like he's a small standard or large bantam? He has a little bit of feathering down his legs, his legs are a slate kinda color, idk what else to mention that isn't already easy to see in the pics, but for more info just ask and we'll figure this thing out together! Thanks!

Last edited:
Lol! Well thank u! I just figured out how to post pics today so I figured I'd ask and see if anyone knows, I'm going to add a few more pics here in a minute or so!

because he has some grey, i am pretty sure he is holland fowl. which have counterparts that have the same colours such as, brakel (spelling) campine, and fayoumi. though holland fowl is the main and he is a gold. they are rare actually. so keep him in good knick!
big_smile.png

so the outcome: Holland Fowl

Yay! So that's what he is!?!? So how hard would it be to find more? I have other birds, but not like him, would it be almost impossible? Or would it be possible but at a high price? I want more! I love the colors!

Last edited:
Well, I'll try and post better pics because I looked up the holland fowls, and he's different, he has feathered legs and his colors are not the same colors as the golden holland? He is a beautiful bird, but just looks different? I hope he isn't, but he could just be a gorgeous mutt? I want to find more like him because he is so pretty! But thanks for helping! Unless I'm just not looking hard enough at the hollands!? Lol

Back
Top Bottom