help please! what breed is he?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by slim1986, Nov 2, 2011.

1. slim1986

slim1986 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2011
    Highfill, Arkansas
    This is "tigger" my beautiful ________ roo! Please help fill in the blank! I got him from a friend of a friend of someone else who had too many roosters and wanted more hens, at the time I had 0 roosters and too many hens for my little "middle-O-town" coop, so I traded a few hens for him and now I just wanna know what he is! I've never seen in person or come across another like him! any help is appreciated! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    He's still young, no spurs and just now crowing! but he's not very big either, in the last pic he's right by one of our standard size hens that's about the same age I think
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ok so now some info, he seems like he's a small standard or large bantam? He has a little bit of feathering down his legs, his legs are a slate kinda color, idk what else to mention that isn't already easy to see in the pics, but for more info just ask and we'll figure this thing out together! Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  2. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    I dunno, but he sure is pretty!!!

3. slim1986

Sep 5, 2011
    Highfill, Arkansas
    Lol! Well thank u! I just figured out how to post pics today so I figured I'd ask and see if anyone knows, I'm going to add a few more pics here in a minute or so!

4. kari_dawn

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    I would love to see more pics, and you other members, I wanna know too!!! anyone?

5. slim1986

Sep 5, 2011
    Highfill, Arkansas
    Alrighty, more pics added! Hopefully we'll figure it out!

6. kari_dawn

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    bump!

7. silky_3699

silky_3699 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2011
    My Own Realm!!!
    because he has some grey, i am pretty sure he is holland fowl. which have counterparts that have the same colours such as, brakel (spelling) campine, and fayoumi. though holland fowl is the main and he is a gold. they are rare actually. so keep him in good knick![​IMG]
    so the outcome: Holland Fowl

8. slim1986

Sep 5, 2011
    Highfill, Arkansas
    Yay! So that's what he is!?!? So how hard would it be to find more? I have other birds, but not like him, would it be almost impossible? Or would it be possible but at a high price? I want more! I love the colors!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  9. slim1986

Sep 5, 2011
    Highfill, Arkansas
    Well, I'll try and post better pics because I looked up the holland fowls, and he's different, he has feathered legs and his colors are not the same colors as the golden holland? He is a beautiful bird, but just looks different? I hope he isn't, but he could just be a gorgeous mutt? I want to find more like him because he is so pretty! But thanks for helping! Unless I'm just not looking hard enough at the hollands!? Lol

10. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by