help please

trinacsj24

In the Brooder
Jan 31, 2016
I have a pullet that's a week or 2 shy of egg laying age. For the past week she has been gorging her food but passing it at night fine.
Now, her crop has been empty for 2 days she's not eating. I have checked her vigorously for pests. No adults found some eggs on her kneck but I got them off last night. But today she is worst.

Full list of symptoms:
Pale
Not eating
Some drinking
No wobbles
Empty crop
Clean legs
Sleeping alot

Is she refusing ALL food? She won't even take scratch or treats such as food scraps??? Has she been sneezing or coughing? Her eyes look normal?

Has she ever been wormed? If you found lice eggs/nits in her feathers, then she must have lice.

Simply because you have nothing to lose, I would suggest treating for internal AND external parasites. Personally, I like Frontline spray for external pests, but Adams flea/tick spray should work too.
Wazine is often used for roundworms (which is a common internal parasite).

I'm sorry your girl is sick. I know how stressful it can be. There are some illnesses that are "fixable" and some that aren't (such as internal laying). Hopefully your girl has something that CAN be fixed...

She was dewormer over the weekend with wazine. I have bathed, DE'D, and sprayed her with a flea and tick spray.
She will eat mushy food like soaked chichi starter or watermelon but nothing dry

Hmmm...and was she acting sick BEFORE you treated her with the meds/sprays? I'm wondering if she could be having some kind of reaction???

So no breathing issues? Is she still pooping, and does it look normal?

Back
Top Bottom