Help please

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Tessicab, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Tessicab

Tessicab New Egg

Aug 26, 2016
    [​IMG]

What do i do never had this problem. Just bought these lttle guys

2. iloveduckies

iloveduckies Chillin' With My Peeps

Hope they'll be ok :/

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  3. Tessicab

Tessicab New Egg

Aug 26, 2016
    I just bought 2baby ducks and they have mites on their beaks an eye area what do is do?

4. chickens really

chickens really Chicken Obsessed

ICK......Sprinkle Dusting powder in their shavings...Livestock stores will know....Give them a bath with garlic and vinegar and then rinse them off and bath them again in clear water. Do this all in your tub....MIX THE GARLIC AND VINEGAR TOGETHER. Put on duckies and let them run in your tub...Five minutes later rinse them off. Fill up tub deep enough for the duckies to swim and touch the bottom....They will clean off the rest.....

5. lydiagirl99

lydiagirl99 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2016
    Michigan (By The Thumb)
    When my chickens had mites, I got diatemaceous earth and just rubbed it all into their feathers, bedding, and favorite dust spots and now. No more mites :)

6. chickens really

These are new baby ducklings with new lungs....I have never used that stuff with chickens or ducks as it is hard on their lungs.....

7. lydiagirl99

lydiagirl99 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2016
    Michigan (By The Thumb)
    I used it on my 2 week old babies. No problems whatsoever. All my chickens have been fine and no mites with little work :) It worked great as far as I'm concerned. Didn't know it could have been hard on their lungs but nothing happened. Guess @Tessicab will have to decide if she wants to use it or not.

8. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  9. chickens really

Ducklings are not CHICKENS.....What is safe on a Chicken....not safe on a duck.............!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by