1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by justjoy, Nov 11, 2016.

1. justjoy

justjoy New Egg

Nov 10, 2016
    It is a long story involving two hens and too many eggs that their girlfriends added to the nests but the end result is that I have two pipping eggs and no mommy willing to stay on a nest.

I have them at 100 degrees under a light in a box , pip up half angled fat side up.
    Right now they are alive but I am concerned about how to make humidity. any suggestions , I really really want these babies to make it .

the wet baby was yesterdays panic, best I can figure he started pipping and then got crushed. I got him in, waited hours and then helped a bit. There was blood but he is fine, he is the little white fluff next to the pipping eggs

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TheKindaFarmGal

TheKindaFarmGal Overrun With Chickens

May 4, 2016
    Somewhere in the Universe
    Put in a bowl with a wet sponge in it in the box. Keep an eye on them in case they get shrink wrapped, in which case you will have to assist again.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  3. justjoy

justjoy New Egg

Nov 10, 2016
    no I don't even know what it is, I have laid a damp paper towel on the every once and a while, found a third pip that is alive

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by