Help please!!

95peach

Hatching
Nov 27, 2016
Pennsylvania
I had a racoon or fox attact two nights ago. I lost 3 of my ducks. :( my two remaining babies won't eat and are drinking very little. I cleaned the wounds and put antibiotic ointment of them. I am so scared I am going to loose fluffy and daffy especially since they won't eat. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

welcome-byc.gif
Sorry for the circumstances. Are they still in the pen where they were attacked? If so they may still be fearful, and the predator may still be around scaring them. I would keep them warm and quiet - they may still be somewhat shocky. Tempt them with their favorite treats, and hopefully they will gradually resume eating. Good luck.

They are only in their pen at night and I put them in the chicken palace last night. They had their own private room. They are out in the yard now. They drank a little this morning. I gave them their favorite treat of mill worms and they won't touch them.

Welcome..so sorry!

See the search bar above? Go type in what kind of help you are looking for. I've noticed there are a lot of different threads..but, you can start a new one with questions..you will probably get some help there. Good luck with your babies.

Even if your birds were not injured, witnessing the killing of their flock members was extremely traumatic. They can go into shock. Please take Sourland's advice so they can feel more secure and recover.

Please check out the predator threads so you can beef up security and hopefully prevent more attacks. Once a predator scores - he will come back for the rest of them.

They are now locker up with the chickens in a camper I converted into a coop. It's nice and warm and they seem comfy in their own room.

What do I do for shock?

Back
Top Bottom