HELP please

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by hopeinokc, Jun 23, 2010.

1. hopeinokc

hopeinokc New Egg

Jun 23, 2010
    I have 8 - 16 day old chicks and I think they are about ready to move out to the beautiful coop my boyfriend and I built for them. I took them outside today for the 3rd time. It is about 100 degrees here today and they all looked like they were getting stressed after about 1/2 hour. I have water for them but they are like little kids. They are just too busy to drink. I even brought the water container in thinking it would take them awile to get used to it. NO! They just went after the water like they had always been drinking out of the big girl warter dist the whole time. Is it too hot to take them out? [​IMG][​IMG]

2. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    Quote:I think 100 degrees is way too hot to take them out. Consider that the brooder temperature at 16 days old should be around 80-85 degrees. The temperatures outdoors should be similar to their brooder temps before they are set off into the Real World. 100 degrees is hot for a full-grown chicken, I think it's probably dangerous for a chick, particularly if they aren't drinking.

3. hopeinokc

hopeinokc New Egg

Jun 23, 2010
    Thank you soooooooooooo very much![​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by