Help please!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by 9farmgirl9, May 14, 2011.

1. 9farmgirl9

9farmgirl9 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    Jasper, Mo
    I am going to put in more guinea and chicken eggs but first i want oppions on what i should do..

I have an incubator that has three trays and a fan. last hatch i put in 24 chicken 78 guineas, terrible hatch 12 guineas hatched all had leg problems except 5 and now one is cracked which it should be fine too, 3 chicks hatched one survied the other two had the same problem as the guineas, bowed legs an toes. All but one chicken egg was fertile and i cracked them open to see went wrong some had quit forming really early others a few days before hatch time, i did this with my first half of guinea eggs the same thing, im not sure but i think its my incubator when it turns them it is very rough. My bedroom is on th opposite side of the house and i can hear it across the house. I was wndering could that be why the chicks stopped forming?

And here is where i was gong with this... since i think its turning them too hard i was thnking of turning them myself, but can i turn the eggs and go to shool?
    Howoften should i turn?
    Should itbe around the same time?

2. jcfuente51

jcfuente51 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    morning and night would be good but if u can turn them 3 times at day would be beatter.... sounds to me like it maybe a breed problem maybe theyr dad or mom beeing too old??? who knows but good luck on hand turning as i do that my self and all make it to lockdown

3. 9farmgirl9

9farmgirl9 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    Jasper, Mo
    Quote:Well thanks but it couldnt b that my chickens are a year old some younger and my guineas are almost a year, how many or precent of your chicks hatched to tose that don't, this is like my thrid time hatching and all hve failed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by