Help please!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Chick1043, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Chick1043

Chick1043 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Soo I was feeding my girls some bread today and I have one pullet that is very active and steals the other girls food! [​IMG] So because she ate so much at the same time I think she has bread kinda stuck in her throat!! I always make sure not to feed them too much or too big of pieces..But Vinnie is a thief! lol For any of you who have black sex-links, you know what I mean! lol Does anyone know how to help her with her throat!? Or will it pass? Will she be okay!? [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  2. Chick1043

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Oops! I meant to click edit but by accident clicked quote! lol

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  3. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I'm assuming she's able to swallow?

Is she still able to drink water, if not you could try a dropper full of olive oil to help the bread go down, Be sure that she doesn't aspirate.

In a desperate situation, I've take a hen and shook upside down and dislodged food.. Good luck! Nancy

4. Chick1043

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Quote:She is able to drink water but I picked her up after she drank some water and thought maybe her throat would clear if I gently rubbed it a little bit and I could feel the water trying to go down passed the bread in her throat. :\\

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by