1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. Brigdettedevyn

Brigdettedevyn Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2012
    HI everyone. i have ask one other time for help. i have a genetic tested chick. she is about 8 weeks. i had 2 of the same kind. the other one was sickly from the time i got her. i found her 2 days ago died. this one was fine. had no problems with her outside of a snotty nose. that is gone. but i happen to see that she was not acting like herself today. she was not running around like the rest of the chicks i have. she has runny poop and she is breathing hard at times. would like to know if there is anything i can do for her or if there is not anything i can do.

2. Brigdettedevyn

Mar 14, 2012
    o i did give all my birds tomato yeasterday. she seemed to happy to eat it like she always dose. but dont know what is happening with her.

3. Brigdettedevyn

Mar 14, 2012
    she has been in my lap sents i seen the problem. she doses still have a runny nose. :(

4. TeamChaos

TeamChaos Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    I doubt it'd be the tomato unless it coincided with the stuffed up nose like she got a seed in her nostril or something, that'd make her pant. I'm a little confused- what does a "genetic tested" chick mean? Also, tell us more about the "snotty nose"- clear and watery or...?

5. Brigdettedevyn

Mar 14, 2012
    she gets clear snott bobbes out was side right now. i really dont thing it is the tomato mayself. i just dont know. what is wrong with her. :( They where trying the genetics from 2 kinds of chickens and crossing them to see what they could get. it was not a han with a different kind of rooster. it was to see if they could get a color to the feathers but they didnt get what they wanted and where going to put them down. i got the birds from a breeder that didnt want to see them get killed some she took them in and was finding homes for them.

6. Brigdettedevyn

Mar 14, 2012
    can you use saline solution to clear a stuff nose on a chicken?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by