Help please

LoneStarBantams

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 7, 2012
Dallas TX,

Please help me I need a cure

Just a thought until you know for sure, I would use a clean warm washcloth to remove crust and put neosporion in it. I have done it with my hens and kittens when they look that way and in my cases it helps but only the ointment without the pain relief stuff in it (generic is good). Is she having runny nose, or lathargic, herhead feel warmer then useal?

Have been doing it everytime I wash her eyes which is two - three times a day. Now her eyes are finally opening up some. I still am keeping her seperated from her flock since she is bottom of pecking order, and my easter egger Hedwig ( yep named after Harry Potter's owl lol) has taken to trying to peck at her eyes, but I caught it before anything happened to Speckles. Lonestar, I'm new to this too but have been doing it for kittens for years and 2-3 times a day should help and you should see a noticeably difference within a day or two.here is what she looked like to start with two days ago, I'll get another pic for you today at her next washing so you can see the difference
p.s. if she seems lathergic and runny nose and or eyes look like has bubbles in it I put my flock on antibiotics from tractor supply ( I call it the chicken crud, like how us humans get the crud) but it only helps bacterial infect, you should be able to tell. Then again it might just be a eye injury which the ointment should help alone, however if its the crud they will pass w/o antibiotics in my ( very little) experience. I use Duramycin-10 one teaspoon per gallon water for about a week. ( Remember I'm a newbie at this but saved one very sick hen this summer I got from flea mrkt and she survived and she was so bad I nearly culled her, hence her name Lucky ;)

Last edited:
If thats all you can do by all meens judt do what you can :) here is my speckles about two days ago
and here is her this evening after a couple days of treatment with the ointment
her black spots are worselooking because they have dark iodine on them, but they are fowlpox and drying up I think that is why they look darker. Last but not least here she is tucked into her lil' hospital bed for the night in our bathroom :)
) I sure hope your lil' gal feels better soon.. maybe you could get someone to clean and put ointment in when your at school. If not again do what you can because she knows your trying to help her and will love you more for it once she feels better :love
Kristin

Does she have cheesy stuff coming from here eye? Does she smell bad? Infectious Corzya (Spelling)
Could just be a cold too.

Do you have other birds and they are fine?

Back
Top Bottom