1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

help please!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by nickynoonoo87, Mar 12, 2013.

1. nickynoonoo87

nickynoonoo87 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2013
    i noticed my silkie has become ill this morning, she is around 13 months now.
    she has both her eyes closed most of the time i bathed them as had mucus around them she sometimes opens them but slightly.
    she also is being hand fed and drinking plenty of water with help, she has a slight wheeze and croak when breathing. she is currently indoors in the warmth.
    she has pooed but this was dark green/yellow and runny too.
    i have given her sugar water as read on another thread to do this.she is asleep at the moment but keeps sneezing. the weather here is very cold and snowing soo could this just be a cold?
    please would someone advise me home remedies ? or what could be wrong?
    thank u

2. Haunted55

Haunted55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2012
    Central Maine
    It's not a cold. You need to get some antibiotic into her asap. Duramycin-10 at Tractor Supply or Tylan. Something. I don't know the dose on the Tylan but a search on here will turn it up quickly for you.

3. Haunted55

Haunted55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2012
    Central Maine

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by