Help please

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by stephen k, Jan 22, 2014.

1. stephen k

stephen k Out Of The Brooder

Dec 21, 2013
    Ireland
    Hello I'll be honest!im knew to all this and i decided to try to hatch duck eggs!they will be in incubation 3 weeks on Friday!i can see darkness in the shell and movement!is this normal?what is lockdown and when should I expect 1 of my 4 eggs to hatch!i really need help and any is appreciated!everyone seems to be cool on here and helpfully to each other so if I get any help that would be great [​IMG]

2. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    I think my muscovy ducks took 28-30 days to hatch. What kind of duck eggs are they?? And Good luck!!

3. Frank Phinster

Frank Phinster Chillin' With My Peeps

Muscovy eggs take about 35 days zo hatch,so you should still have two weeks left until hatch day.

D'Angels, do you have domestic mallards in your flock? If so, you might have a hatch of hybrids, called mulard ducks.
    If not, there is always a chance to miscalculate, happens now and then ;)

4. stephen k

Dec 21, 2013
    Ireland
    There khaki kambells.wat do I do when they hatch?

5. HollyDuckFarmer

HollyDuckFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2012
    LP Michigan
    KCs should take 28 days. Personally I would allow 30 days, but if you are planning to breed these ducks that hatch, then you might wish to avoid breeding them later on if they are late hatchers. You can run a search for "incubating duck eggs" for more helpful threads.

6. stephen k

Dec 21, 2013
    Ireland
    KCs should take 28 days. Personally I would allow 30 days, but if you are planning to breed these ducks that hatch, then you might wish to avoid breeding them later on if they are late hatchers. You can run a search for "incubating duck eggs" for more helpful threads.

Cheers dude

7. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    There's a sticky at the top of the Duck Forum index on hatching Muscovies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by