Help please

ruffin

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 4, 2014
Yesterday one of our neighbors kids was leaning on the petition I have to stop Bonnie & Clyde getting out of the garden the petition broke and it seems it must have hit Clyde. When I went to see what damage was done I noticed Clyde limping quite badly I have inspected his leg and foot but cant see any damage. I carried him back to there pen in the garage. This morning he walked out fine but after 10 min was limping again am I best keeping him in his pen for a few days to rest it? or does it sound like further investigation is needed?
barnie.gif

I had a sick chicken last night and bought her in put her in a warm dry place in a tub with chicken wire as the lid. Set it up with hay and waited till the morning. Apparently they loose a lot of their energy when it's cold (winter here. In The morning I added her back to the flock and she was fine it seemed she just needed some recovery time alone.
My next step was vet care.. If she didn't recover. Sounds like your little guys still limping and might need further investigation. Good luck.

Yesterday one of our neighbors kids was leaning on the petition I have to stop Bonnie & Clyde getting out of the garden the petition broke and it seems it must have hit Clyde. When I went to see what damage was done I noticed Clyde limping quite badly I have inspected his leg and foot but cant see any damage. I carried him back to there pen in the garage. This morning he walked out fine but after 10 min was limping again am I best keeping him in his pen for a few days to rest it? or does it sound like further investigation is needed?
barnie.gif
What is the partition made of? Wood? I doubt it did too much damage, especially as he´s able to use it. Maybe the child fell on top of him! You could put some tonic (vits and minerals) into his water, including niacin, to help him recover faster, and try to keep his area restricted so he rests the leg.

Clyde seems quite a bit better thanks he isnt limpig as mutch at all I am just sat in my office watching them both in there 4 foot padling pool splashing about they are so comical to watch and have real individual charicters

Back
Top Bottom