help please

2dz shavon

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 30, 2014
Omg omg my incubator was on 88 When I woke up this morning this is day 29 for my duck eggs I had movement but no Internal pips last night I'm kinda scared to check them today help have I lost them I only have two left out of the 6 I'd really hate to lose them ok truth is I'd be really upset I have the temperature up to 95 and climbing slowly I think they were at this temperature for no longer than 5 or 6 hours help

Try not to worry :hugs I know that will be hard but lower temps are not as dangerous as too higher temps. With them being on day 29 they should be producing some heat of their own and it takes longer for the eggs to acctually cool right down even though your incubator was reding 88. Just try to keep a steady temp from now and your humidity up.
Wishing you the very best of luck :fl

75% humidity is ok for hatching. Should be ample for the eggs to hatch ok. I'm afraid it's just a waiting game from now on for you. Fingers crossed :fl

What kind of duck eggs are they? Assuming they aren't Muscovy (which have a 35 day incubation instead of 28 days), they could just be a little late due to the temperature drop. As long as they're still moving in there they should be ok. Like Yorkshire said, temperature drops are much less dangerous later on in incubation when they are creating a little of their own body heat. Please keep us updated, and good luck!

I don't know what kind the lady that gave them to me has three different kinds but no mascovy's and they are all kept together however I felt and heard one pecking in it's shell hopefully I have a baby tonight

Back
Top Bottom