1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. kiara0927

kiara0927 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 30, 2015
    hello everyone i am needing some information asap i went and bought 3 healthy chickens about a week ago after a day or two i had put them with the other 7 chickens that i have, yesterday i kept hearing one of them cough but couldn't figure out which one it was, so this morning when i let them out i noticed 2 of them did not come out of the coop so when i went inside the two newest ones that i had bought is making a gargling sound when it breaths and has a nasty cough , i did however have a hen 3 weeks ago that i had to take to the vet with this same problem so after the vet looked at her she treated her for worms and for a respiratory infection by giving her two shots, she had told me what the meds were but i can't remember them, i really do not want to lose my babies so if anyone can pls help me by telling me what i should give them to help them,I really cant keep affording to take them to the vet but i will if its necessary,pls reply asap ty and God Bless This is a video of one of them .he also has a runny nose and his eyes are alil watery [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  2. Ameraucanas

Ameraucanas Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2015
    You could try calling your vet and consulting him/her.

3. kiara0927

kiara0927 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 30, 2015
    After talking to the vet i found out that the last chicken that was sick was given 0.02 cc of Ivomec 1 % and 0,50 of Baytrill 100mg/ml

4. casportpony

casportpony Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
  5. casportpony

casportpony Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    And welcome to BYC!

-Kathy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by