Help plz (not in hurry)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chikichu, Jan 3, 2017.

1. chikichu

chikichu Just Hatched

Jan 2, 2017
    Hola!I always save money like 1000 or more rupees and when i have them saved i buy a rooster or a hen,,,problem is that all of them die[​IMG]
    Info:almost all of my chicks die by same illness thay first are very cool to watch and very lovely and when u wake up in morning they keep sneezing cant breathe cuz of nose(called flu maybe0o) i cant even buy anymore plz give me instructions.

I never cant see anything here which you all talk about Even a single Waterer,,,,here u just buy a chick and leave it until u want to sell it or cook it for yourself im different i give them extra protection and everything but still they die

Do They Rise By GOOD LUCK??0o

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Sounds like they are catching a nasty virus that is either in your flock, or from chickens close-by. If you can manage to get chicks and vaccinate them (against Mareks, Newcastle Disease, Infectious Bronchitis at least) then you may have a better chance of them surviving.

If you already have a flock, it could be that they are carriers of the virus, i.e. they have the virus, but do not show signs of illness. If you do have a flock, then I'd suggest culling them and starting afresh.

And welcome to BYC!

3. chikichu

chikichu Just Hatched

Jan 2, 2017
    CTKen
    THX very much!!
    But as i mentioned before that there is nothing called vaccination here,,only one whichs newcastle disease
    Thats y its hard to keep them,,how can chicks be fine without vaccination

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Maybe your best chance is to get chicken from as close to you as possible. Those chickens are more likely to have some immunity to whatever the disease is - otherwise they would not have survived. If you have a commercial poultry industry locally, then i would have thought that vaccines would be available [​IMG]

5. chikichu

chikichu Just Hatched

Jan 2, 2017
    Help plz one of my chicks is dying i think,,,it was raining and he was out of his brooder he is not interested in eating anything and not moving from his place

6. BlacKit2000

BlacKit2000 New Egg

Jan 4, 2017
    Hmm.. Then why not keep them inside your house.. Make/find a perfect room for them and put them inside until they grow up a little and then you can put them out side with the others.. But be sure to change all the dirt and grass! Because when the adult chickens "(it's hard to tell if the adult chickens are sick)" do feces all the virus goes into the ground and when the chicks goes and pecks on the ground all of the viruses travel to chicken city. :rolleyes:

I hope this helped. :D

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by