help possably sick duckling.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Sting Ray, May 14, 2010.

1. Sting Ray

Sting Ray Out Of The Brooder

Jun 30, 2009
    SE Alabama
    i walked out to the porch an saw that he was on his back so i emidiatly picked him up and hes moveing bu t not responsive like normal i don't know what to do.. [​IMG]

2. Sting Ray

Jun 30, 2009
    SE Alabama
    bump

3. Sting Ray

Jun 30, 2009
    SE Alabama
    why is this thing curling its head down and what do i need to do i think its dieing?

4. Sting Ray

Jun 30, 2009
    SE Alabama
    hes starting to want to try and move aroud is anyone here that can help me save this duck?

5. cracking up

cracking up Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    So Cal
    How old is he? What breed? Have you tried vitamins, yogurt? There are other things you can do. Keep him warm and make sure he eats and drinks.

6. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    What does he get to eat? Chick feed? Waterfowl starter? Has he been given grit? How does the feed smell? Moldy? any chance or indication of injury? Other ducklings around?

7. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    If it was on its back for any length of time it may well be very chilled.. getting it warm and keeping it in a small confined area for a period of recovery is the first step. If it is strong enough to survive after what ever has happened - and being that it is a few hours since your original post- you can try to offer it food and water and see if it has interest.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by