help possible hernia??

kspear

Hatching
Feb 2, 2016
21 day lavender orpington black astralorp cross. When it kicked free of shell I noticed it was still "attached" and seemed to be held on by some remaining yolk sac and possible umbilical cord.. after a few hours and trying to research I found some people had suggested trying to press hernia back inside and chicks healing and recovering... so I have done that and this is what it looks like now (used bacitracin) do you think he will be okay or should I further intervene? This is my first hatch also a homemade incubator. I made sure I read several articles before I tried to help but not sure it will do any good in the long run :-( any advice or suggestions would be much appriciated. Thank you I feel so bad for my baby :'(

a close up and he is still hanging in there is peeping and trying to stand occasionally but seems pretty tired

Thank you, I don't plan on touching him again unless directed to, he seems to be okay right now but I'm not very optimistic for the long term.. time will tell he sure does seem to be a fighter :)

Back
Top Bottom