Help! Preschool Teacher Needs Eggs

kupi99

Songster
10 Years
Apr 7, 2009
I am preschool teacher and for the the past several years we have hatched eggs in my classroom.

Each year I have been able to get a few eggs from one of the kiddos here at school. She has a small flock and usually brings me about 7 or eggs, and then takes the chicks home with her when they hatch. I just found out that her family no longer has eggs or hens, and we are due to set our eggs next Tues.

Does anyone know where I can get a few eggs quickly from? The kind of chick it hatches does not matter. Ideally, I would love to be able to find a place that will take the baby chicks once they hatch as well.

I live in Dallas area, and would appericate any help ASAP.

Thank you

If you don't find any local I would be willing to donate a dozen. But I would have to ship them so I don't know if they would be there by Tuesday.

I would have to ship by sat but would be willing to donate eggs too. just let me know!

I can ship Tomorrow. They should be there by Monday or Tuesday at the latest. Send me some info. I will get them in the mail and send them directly to the school. Just let me know who to put it to the attention of. I'll send a dozen + for your classroom.
Tonya

Thank you, y'all are so awesome to offer to donate eggs! I might have on friend locally who may or may not have eggs. I will check with them this evening, and get back with y'all by then. Thank you again.

Does anyone happen to have some ideas of what I can do with the chicks when they hatch? I Iive an apt, and my husband and I are expecting our first in May, so there's no way I can keep them. Anyway I can maybe find local chicken co-op who might want some free chicks? Do y'all have any ideas where I can look?

Not sure where exactly you live but you can post them on craigslist, on BYC for sale area or put up a flyer at your local feed store.... some feed stores will even take them from you.

Good luck with your class hatch!!!

You might be able to try your local high school ag shop. They may have eggs and they may want the chickens back. Also, Ideal is not that far from you for shipping. I know they have given hatching eggs to our local school for classroom projects.

Back
Top Bottom