HELP - Pullet or Rue?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ElizEllen, Mar 2, 2014.

1. ElizEllen

ElizEllen Just Hatched

Mar 2, 2014
    South Carolina
    (5 day old Barred Plymouth Rock) The feed and seed advised that all they had were pullets and that the breeder they use offers a 90% guarentee on sex for the Rocks. I spent all night last night looking at pictures, trying to confirm the signs. I have to admit that I am more confused now then I was when I started. We live in the city and I am only allowed hens.

Can anyone confirm from the pictures if this precious baby is going to turn out to be the hen I am praying for? Thanks Bunches!

(Dear Admin, I read the warning about [​IMG] pictures, BUT I am studioE and these are my pets)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

It does look like a pullet--small headspot and dark wash down the front of the legs. You'll be able to confirm when it feathers in, so feel free to repost pics around 5-6 weeks old. Rocks are easy to sex by color. I don't have any photos right off, but do a search for username Fred's Hens ---he has good clear photos of males and females side by side, so you can easily see the difference.

1 person likes this.
  3. ElizEllen

ElizEllen Just Hatched

Mar 2, 2014
    South Carolina
    Thank you. I just needed to hear it from someone else.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by