Help! Pullet seems to have broken foot? Can't walk! *Pics*

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by OrganicEggs75, Aug 21, 2010.

1. OrganicEggs75

OrganicEggs75 Mottled Rosecomb Heaven

Jul 27, 2010
    ***Updated*** My 6 week old pullet Cookie has twisted toes or something like that. Her left foot is all messed up, her toes are curled pointing up and her foot is not flat it is raised up. She can not flatten it out. When she perches her good foot will clamp on but her other one will not, she just holds on by resting it on there so it is touching behind her toes. She limps on it because it will not lay flat. She does eat and drink from what I notice but lays down in a corner with her 2 buddies most of the time. When she does walk she steps on a foot with her other foot and gets stuck and often with fall over. She was not born with this... Something happend and I have no clue what. How can I fix it? Right now she is in the brooder with my other 7 chicks. I will get pictures posted Asap.

Please Help!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  2. kyrose

kyrose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    Melbourne,Ky.
    pictures can definately help.was she born like that or did something happen?

3. OrganicEggs75

Jul 27, 2010
    Quote:I'm pretty sure something happend unless she was born with it and did not show until now.

4. kyrose

Jul 29, 2009
    Melbourne,Ky.
    try to post a picture.i have a roo wih toes that curl in.i think he was born with it and i never noticed.even a vet couldnt straighten them out but he was pretty much full grown.at 6 weeks you may be able to do something.go up to the google search and type in curled toes.you should be able to find something..

5. OrganicEggs75

Jul 27, 2010
    I will post pics and a vid of her.... ***UPDATES*** When I was taking the video I picked her up and my baby roo Attacked her foot by grabbing on and pulling it...... *of course I smacked him away* But I think that is why her leg is all out of wack.

6. OrganicEggs75

Jul 27, 2010
    This is how cookie lays pretty much all day

[​IMG]

Foot Pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

How she perches

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  7. kyrose

Jul 29, 2009
    Melbourne,Ky.
    ouch!! poor girl.my gosh,not really sure what to tell ya.make sure you put in the title that there are pics.may get more responses,and because of the time alot of people may be in bed so see what happens tomorrow.

8. OrganicEggs75

Jul 27, 2010
    I just noticed there is clear goop coming out of her vent (not a ton just some every so often) like the clear goo in a raw egg....

9. kyrose

Jul 29, 2009
    Melbourne,Ky.
    do you have her seperated?

10. OrganicEggs75

Jul 27, 2010
    No, I dont have another heat lamp for her, Not that she really needs one haha.... Im confused on what to do? What do you think I should do? Separate her with her 2 buddies or by herself? She is not sick very healthy from what I can see. Just her leg and the goop... The goop only appeared twice, and did not come out again...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by