Aug 10, 2016
Chicago,IL
46C30599-CC74-4E36-B689-40340785249D.jpeg
834EDA34-1C72-4681-85D7-920EE4220085.jpeg
BAAB744B-A0CA-48B5-AD21-7FDCE048CE15.jpeg
4AB98CC0-7BE5-4B11-AB4C-62A17F843327.jpeg
71F5873F-3529-4D79-8ADC-FD7B94F9BE98.jpeg
D80ECF08-116B-430B-8FDB-77E236C8994D.jpeg

I took these 3 little ones in from a kindergarten school project, I was told they are leghorns. My question is what sex are they?? Thank You!!!

I believe blue-dot and red-dot are cockerels, and strongly leaning toward pullet for the black-dot. I'm on the fence with red-dot as I don't have a good look at wattle area, but I think I see a hint of wattles coming in. Notice: comb pink on blue-dot... not so on other two. Notice: tail down, almost no look of feathers on butt on blue-dot, not so with other two, but feather structure with red-dot and black-dot on tail area different. Black-dot has very round, evenly sized tail feathers. Red-dot seems whispy, not so well defined. Notice: Really sturdy looking, fat legs on blue-dot, very slender legs on black-dot, and red-dot is somewhere in the middle. Notice: Overall feathering, black-dot is almost fully feathered out, while blue-dot and red-dot still have large bare patches at the top of their wings by their spinal cord. It's too early to be absolutely certain, but this is my best guess and the reasons why.

I believe blue-dot and red-dot are cockerels, and strongly leaning toward pullet for the black-dot. I'm on the fence with red-dot as I don't have a good look at wattle area, but I think I see a hint of wattles coming in. Notice: comb pink on blue-dot... not so on other two. Notice: tail down, almost no look of feathers on butt on blue-dot, not so with other two, but feather structure with red-dot and black-dot on tail area different. Black-dot has very round, evenly sized tail feathers. Red-dot seems whispy, not so well defined. Notice: Really sturdy looking, fat legs on blue-dot, very slender legs on black-dot, and red-dot is somewhere in the middle. Notice: Overall feathering, black-dot is almost fully feathered out, while blue-dot and red-dot still have large bare patches at the top of their wings by their spinal cord. It's too early to be absolutely certain, but this is my best guess and the reasons why.

Thank you, this is my first time getting chicks so young and getting them from
Someone that can’t sex them, I did my research and took my best guess sexing them by the feathers, the lady said they were all hatched different days within the week or so.

Back
Top Bottom