Help!!!pumpkin Seeds As Dewormer

k15

Hatching
10 Years
Jun 21, 2009
if your using pumpkin seeds as dewormer, can you please tell me if how much you induce pumpkin seeds to every of your chicken, I need a accurate measurement, specifically in GRAMS... and how long is the duration of the deworming process using the pumpkin seeds...

PLEASSSSSSSSE HELP ME!!!
hit.gif

TNX:D

From what I understand there is no time limit. They will eat most seeds as a natural food so just see to it they get all they want. I doubt they can overdose if they have other food besides pumpkin seeds. Your hatchery will know for sure, wherever you ordered them.

My nephew sells pumpkins and when he's done with the patch they brush hog them and till them back into the soil.I threw a fit, he said come get all you want .I did. I filled my S10 to the gills .
I brought them home and stored in my hay barn.Some I took and set beside the chicken coop to bust open for them to feed on. First of all they eat the seeds whole first.Then they pick at the meat inside for awhile untill they get tired and walk away.Then some eat until its nothing but rind.
The next day or so I went to get a new pumpkin to bust open and they all had holes in them where the chickens had pecked holes big enough to get their head in and ate the seeds out of all of them.
It doesnt matter how you do it they will clean them up all of mine Love them.

I just cut one pumpkin in half and threw it in the pen. Seeds went first and now their working on the "meat". This is first time I gave them a pumpkin, but I will be sure to do it again! I thought it would be a nice Thanksgiving treat!

tnx...

Can someone elaborate this procedure?

Especially with the "reduce to lower heat" part...

The seeds of squash, pumpkins and many other vine crops contain a deworming compound called cucurbitacin that is more or less active depending on the parasite12. The seeds may be fed directly to animals as the Canadian pioneers once did, but it is better to extract the main ingredient using water, alcohol or ether, for an effect that is similar to that of pumpkin seeds. Aqueous extracts from squash seeds (dilution 1/50) are effective against Haemonchus contortus38.

Pumpkin seed dewormer24

- Shell and grind up the pumpkin seeds (or buy them at a grocery store).
- Mix 500 g of the seeds with three litres of water.
- Simmer (do not boil), while stirring, for 30 minutes.
- Let cool 30 minutes.
- Filter through a cloth, squeezing to remove as much juice as possible.
- Reduce over low heat to 150-200 ml.
- Make sure to remove oily scum.
- Refrigerate.

smile.png
jumpy.gif

Quote:
Generally in cooking when making a reduction you reduce your heat to medium , OR the lowest heat you can use without breaking the simmer . In all reductions you reduce the overall volume by 1/3 to 1/2 depending on the consentration deisred .FOr example if you start out with a full sauce pan of seeds and water mixture , you will simmer it till the pan in only 2/3 of the way full ... Hope this helps .

Back
Top Bottom