HELP!! Put eggs in the incubator wrong :(

NDT GUY

Hatching
Jun 19, 2019
I’m new to this hatching stuff and thought I had done all my research, but apparently eggs need to be pointy end down. When I put them in the incubator I just set them in the trays never really paying any attention to the position of them. I have 4-6 days (currently 12 days into incubating) left until my quail should be hatching. Should I open it up and try to put them pointy side down or just leave them like they are and hope for the best??

I’m new to this hatching stuff and thought I had done all my research, but apparently eggs need to be pointy end down. When I put them in the incubator I just set them in the trays never really paying any attention to the position of them. I have 4-6 days (currently 12 days into incubating) left until my quail should be hatching. Should I open it up and try to put them pointy side down or just leave them like they are and hope for the best??
Put them pointy side down or on their side as soon as possible.

You won't know until the hatch is over. There are lots of other variables that may or may not affect your hatch even more than by putting the eggs in the wrong position.

Okay. My temp stayed between 99-100. I have 3 thermostats on it just to be safe. Haha
My humidity has held at 50-50% entire time. I plan on bringing it up to 70-75% once I take it out of the Turner.I thought I was doing everything right until I read that I had eggs in the wrong position

Back
Top Bottom