1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help!! Quail problem

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Roseandspice, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Roseandspice

Roseandspice Out Of The Brooder

Oct 20, 2013
    Glenn rose arkansas
    Hello everyone!!!!! I love raising my chickens!! So I have decided to move up to having chickens,Turkeys and Quail:) only one problem... is it legal to keep them?? I live in malvern Arkansas, can I get some from a breeder or not?..

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Yes it is very legal. As long as your township allows poultry, quail are perfectly legal. If you keep Coturnix or Button quail, you do not need a permit. Bobwhites, Gambels, California's, Blue Scale, etc...you will need a permit from your game and fish. :)

3. Roseandspice

Oct 20, 2013
    Glenn rose arkansas
    Thank you so much!!! I am going to get a permit from game and fish and then order some bobwhites:) do u know how much the permit is??

4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Each state and town is different. So you need to contact your town hall or better yet, your state game and fish. The permit will not break your wallet, but the forms might kill you. LOL

5. Roseandspice

Oct 20, 2013
    Glenn rose arkansas
    Lol I have two game and fish officers that live down my road so I will ask them:) thak you for the help!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by