Help! Quail toe won't stop bleeding!!!

KGQuail24

Chirping
Jun 6, 2021
I posted about this an hour ago and thought things were under control, but she's opened it again somehow and her toe is bleeding non stop. How can I get it to stop???

How about silver nitrate, styptic powder or pencils, cornstarch. Maybe even a bandage? Hope she's okay today!
Thank you! Much better today, no active bleeding. I did inspect her and spray with the vetericyn again. It took an uncomfortably long time with the styptic pencil last night but that's what did it. Still don't know how it happened, but hopefully this one is under control. I really appreciate the suggestions. I don't even know how I would bandage it off I needed to; could you use that self-adhesive vet tape? Their little toes are so fiddly.

I would think that Vet wrap would be the best choice for a bandage. Glad the little girl decided to quit making her parent worry! LOL!
Thank you for your message! Definitely the bloodiest thing I've had to deal with for an animal so far. Maybe I should pick up some vet wrap and have it on hand just in case. She seems to be healing ok, though I'm still bothering her twice a day to spray the antibiotic on it (and she's kicking me a lot more than she did that day, so she much be feeling better!)

Back
Top Bottom