Help! Quail Won’t Hatch!!!

quailheart

Songster
Jun 5, 2019
Saint Louis, MO
I have 12 northern bobwhites and they have been laying fertilized eggs so I decided to incubate some. We have 14 fertilized eggs in the incubator and they were supposed to hatch yesterday. 5 of them have pipped, but that’s it. What should I do? How long should I wait for them to hatch? Please help!!!

I have 12 northern bobwhites and they have been laying fertilized eggs so I decided to incubate some. We have 14 fertilized eggs in the incubator and they were supposed to hatch yesterday. 5 of them have pipped, but that’s it. What should I do? How long should I wait for them to hatch? Please help!!!
Has your temp been accurate? How many calibrated thermometers do you have in your incubator? When did the 5 pip? What time I mean.

Thanks guys! And guess what? Now they’re hatching! I guess they were just late hatchers but thanks for the advice anyway. I have two chicks in the brooder and two chicks in the incubator that just hatched.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    359.3 KB · Views: 2
Thanks guys! And guess what? Now they’re hatching! I guess they were just late hatchers but thanks for the advice anyway. I have two chicks in the brooder and two chicks in the incubator that just hatched.
Congrats! We just hatched bobs too. They're cute little things.
20200602_142304.jpg

Back
Top Bottom