help, recipes without garlic or heavy spices, sick friend.

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by farrier!, Oct 6, 2009.

1. farrier!

farrier! Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    I cook with garlic and often heavy spices. My daughter is going to help a friend who is going to have heart surgery. I would like to send some precooked foods/soups with her.
    Along with the heart surgery he has heartburn with anything too spicy. I know there must be tasty ways to prepare food that will be flavorful but not bother his heartburn.
    Anyone?

2. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Here's a simple recipe I use quite often. The kids love it, and it isn't too spicey.

Main dish is chicken breast, baked. In a 9x13 pan I line up as many as I can pack in there, pour one whole can of beer over chicken and pop in the oven........

Side - I get a couple of cans of sliced potatoes and pour them into another 9x13 pan, sprinkle a packet of ranch dressing mix, then pour one whole can of beer over......

cover both, cook at 350 for 40 minutes or so....

And then the beer bread I make on the side [​IMG]

PS, I brew beer for my recipes because it's too expensive to buy it 24/7 [​IMG] It leaves behind a great flavor, and the kids absolutely demolish it. i got a kiddo here who I think is going to end up having more stomach problems so I've been switching my cooking to non spicy and so far i have no leftovers to eat late at night [​IMG]

3. reesepoultry

reesepoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2009
    Chicken & Rice

Put chicken breast in 9 x 13 pan pour some frenchs fried onions over the chicken.
    mix uncle bens long grain wild rice 2 bags of the microwave kind. &
    1 can of cream of mushroom soup in a bowl. cook rice first.

after you mix that together pour it over the chicken and cook on 350 for 1 hour. cover the dish with foil

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  4. agnes_day

agnes_day Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    Quote:i copied that recipe...that sounds wonderful!!!!!

5. shaggy

shaggy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Orange, Texas
    Beef / Barley / Vegetable soup

get a soup bone (one of the big ones with the marrow still in it) boil it for 4 hours --- remove soup bone

cut up some cheap stew meat and brown it in oil
    cool the meat off and shred it
    add shredded meat to the stock
    add in 1 onion - diced
    mixed vegatable (canned or frozen)
    1 small can of tomato paste
    half a jar of "better than buillion beef base"

cook for 2 hours

add 1 cup of pearled barley

cook for another 2 hours

-- edit --

ohh yeah --- this stuff is gold