help! red koolaid on whitish oriental rug!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by hoppy, Jul 11, 2010.

1. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    don't even ask how it happened, i'm sure you already figured it out, but how do I get it out!
    I have blotted with a white cotton cloth, cool water and oxy clean carpet cleaner right after it happened. it's better but still noticable and still there- I plan to get so club soda but that won't be until later today.

2. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    just tried this, worked ok.
    warm water, few drops of liquid dish soap and a steaming iron-carpet looks great in the area not affected by the kool aid and it is less red but still somewhat there.

3. dntd

dntd Songster

Dec 4, 2009
    Try lemon juice works well on hands and counters:)

4. Brindlebtch

Brindlebtch Songster

Apr 15, 2009
    Texas
    hydrogen peroxide and baking soda? [​IMG]

Bummer about the Koolaid. We have cow hides over wooden floors and were told that was the one thing that would stain the hides.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  5. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    I will try them.
    darn dog- who though he would like kool aide

6. Dar

Dar Crowing

Jul 31, 2008
    be careful and remember not to try to many remedies... a lot of options can leave a residue on the carpet, although they will get out the initial stain but it can cause the area to have a residue or build up and become sticky and attract the dirt and become another stain.

7. Brindlebtch

Brindlebtch Songster

Apr 15, 2009
    Texas
    My guys like gatorade, so I assume they would go for koolaid as well. Good luck with your rug. Hopefully it is wool and not silk?

8. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    Quote:it was not very expensive so probably wool, not silk for sure.

9. arabianequine

arabianequine Crowing

Apr 4, 2010
    Quote:Sorry op but have to ask since mentioned.....how do you get cow hides done to rugs.....our butcher shops won't let us keep them they say the kill cost will be more if they do but almost no one will let you anyways they sell them to the rendering plant. [​IMG]

Oh and for stains I use solumel best ever....got permanent black ink out and the die you get on jeans with thingy left on from the store and we were 3 ours home so I took it off and got blue and yellow ink everywhere and solumel took it out.

The best stuff ever and nontoxic kid/environment safe.

10. AhBee01

AhBee01 Songster

Nov 7, 2007
    yo. ohio
    DO NOT USE PEROXIDE it will just bleach the carpet! There is a remedy called red out, call a carpet cleaner they should be able to help. I don't know if just anyone can get it. My husband is a carpet cleaner! Using oxy clean ( all over the counter cleaners) will attract dirt, it will look good for awhile then because of the soap residue it will attract dirt and make it worse! For anything that was spilled, absorb what you can. If it is vomit, or even poo, scoop up what you can, the let it dry and use the vacuum hose to suck up what you can! Same with dirt, let it dry.
    Any thing liquid, soak up what you can than blot with white vinegar and water. No soap residue! Kool- aide is tough. The red out works most of the time. Kool-aide is a dye, that is why it is hard to get out!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by